Background

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Kim's Kinda Reviews: City of Bones-- Cassandra Clare

Hello!

Here
I was determined to finish this yesterday but after staring at the World Famous Lindo Wing Door for half an hour then getting all Prince of Cambridge happy to the point where I missed Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (Guilty Pleasure I know.) Anyway It didn't happen until today and whilst it's fresh in my mind here is My Kind of "Round up" of what I thought of this before I go upstairs to start City of Ashes! As always there are no Major Spoilers to ruin your enjoyment! Except the quotes maybe but lets move swiftly on shall we?

Favourite Character: SIMON! Oh my Simon is the kind of character that I can't help but adore. He's Dorky I a Cute and funny in way that I love. He also makes StarWars references which puts a big thumbs up in my books! I also of course love the way he is always there for Clary knowing that he she doesn't feel the same way towards him in hope that she will realise that she does. Gah!! My heart!

Other characters I like a lot: Jace. Now it might just be the fact that he's described as being incredibly sexy that made me like Jace from the off set even when he was being a bit of a knob but he through the book becomes likable not only in the sense that he is protecting of his friends and Clary (for whichever of the two possible reasons that may be!) I also liked Alec in the way that I felt sorry for him for the same reasons as Simon. The sad thing is it isn't a love triangle for him even, its just a one way street which only makes it 10000000000000 times worse. Gah!! Speaking of Alec I liked Magnus Bane from the outset but when he just sowed up to help him at the end I just couldn't help but adore him for it. He's so cute! I also like Clary of course but for the majority of the book she's the protagonist and it's more unusual for the protagonist not to be likable in my experience.

Favourite Lines: SPOILERS


1.  “In future, Clarissa," he said, "it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations."
You invited him into bed?" Simon demanded, looking shaken.
"Ridiculous, isn't it?" said Jace. "We would never have all fit.”

2. Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?' Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."

"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”  

3. “That's why when major bad asses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain.”  

4. “Honestly I don't know why I have these parties"
"Because of your cat"
"That's true. Chairman Meow deserves my every effort”


5. “He understands why people hold hands: he’d always thought it was about possessiveness, saying This is mine. But it’s about maintaining contact. It is about speaking without words. It is about I want you with me and don’t go.”  

Had to put something of a none comic nature in there!

Rating: 3.5 Stars- I haven't read a supernatural novel I a while so its not much of a surprise that for me it's not the kind of book I would ordinarily read the sequel to had the film not have been coming out next month and everyone having told me that they are amazing. On the other hand if you are into supernatural fiction defiantly give it a go My Mum and Sister are after it now, they'll have to fight for it...

Read anything good recently? I'm still on Goodreads if you're into that kind of thing!

Love Kim xx


No comments:

Post a Comment