Background

Monday 8 July 2013

Kim's Kinda Reviews: Insurgent -- Veronica Roth.

Hello!

                          

I finished Insurgent last week and rather than do a full scale review which i tend to do on Goodreads (which I love) I thought I would do a run down of basic opinions and such that doesn't have any spoilers! (Unless you haven't read Divergent Then there may be a few but no major plot spoilers) 

Favourite Character/s: Aside from Tris I would have to say Tobias! What sets Tris and Tobias apart from other books is 1. No love triangle (which I must say is becoming slightly overplayed in these kind of novels these days I mean don't get me wrong I love a good love triangle as much as the next person but I liked that this one went for the approach as explained in...) 2. Their relationship is real in this book more so than divergent! They fight, they keep things from each other and I love that they have these flaws. They aren't perfect or a fairytale couple which makes the book more believable to me. In fact none of the Characters are "perfect" in these books they all have flaws and also redeeming qualities which I like, its more realistic.
 
Least Favourite Character: Calab; WHY VERONICA ROTH WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT!!!)  

Favourite Lines:

1st: “People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.”  

2nd: “Got that gun?” Peter says to Tobias. “No,” says Tobias, “I figured I would shoot the bullets out of my nostrils, so I left it upstairs.”  

3rd: “Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind.”  

Rating:
5 Stars! I really loved this book! And I would highly recommend the series so far- Only 16 weeks until Allegiant! *Cries in despair*

As if in perfect timing I now have City of Bones to read for which I have read and heard rave reviews even as I was scanning I the girl behind me said that they were really good books so I have high hopes ahead of the film next month!

What's the best book you have read recently? Any recommendations are welcome in the comments! Also If you have a Goodreads account feel free to befriend me if you want to see what other books I like and to read more in-depth/ detailed reviews that I plan to start writing again very soon!

Love Kim x


P.S: After completing many a quiz It appears that I, like Tris, would be Divergent between three Factions: Amity, Abnegation and Erudite (I know that last one is shameful!) I think most people would be Divergent though, maybe that's the point...

No comments:

Post a Comment